Blow for Ipswich Witches as Danyon Hume breaks his arm in three places
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches reserve Danyon Hume has suffered a broken arm in three places and has also dislocated his elbow after a crash at last night’s British U21 Final at Poole.
The 20-year-old fell in his first ride after his engine seized up leaving the youngster helpless with Josh Bailey also involved in the heavy fall.
Hume was attended to by medics on track before being taken to hospital by ambulance.
It was later confirmed that Hume had suffered a broken arm in three places whilst also dislocating his elbow. The youngster will have an operation this morning.
The injury is another setback for the Witches after losing Nico Covatti to a broken wrist last week at Redcar.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Kyle Newman has recovered from injury to make his debut tonight against Berwick, with Cameron Heeps having also recovered from illness.
Peterborough’s Tom Bacon will guest at number seven in tonight’s meeting and Sheffield’s Jack Parkinson-Blackburn will guest on Saturday at Berwick.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire