Blow for Ipswich Witches as Danyon Hume breaks his arm in three places
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches reserve Danyon Hume has suffered a broken arm in three places and has also dislocated his elbow after a crash at last night’s British U21 Final at Poole.
The 20-year-old fell in his first ride after his engine seized up leaving the youngster helpless with Josh Bailey also involved in the heavy fall.
Hume was attended to by medics on track before being taken to hospital by ambulance.
It was later confirmed that Hume had suffered a broken arm in three places whilst also dislocating his elbow. The youngster will have an operation this morning.
The injury is another setback for the Witches after losing Nico Covatti to a broken wrist last week at Redcar.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Kyle Newman has recovered from injury to make his debut tonight against Berwick, with Cameron Heeps having also recovered from illness.
Peterborough’s Tom Bacon will guest at number seven in tonight’s meeting and Sheffield’s Jack Parkinson-Blackburn will guest on Saturday at Berwick.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down