Bond and Wright air their views
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United midfielder, Andy Bond, admitted that Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Notts County was a “missed opportunity” to pull well clear of the League One relegation zone.
And team-mate Drey Wright insisted that the U’s had been in “cruise control,” before leaking two late goals at Meadow Lane.
Bond, who set up the equaliser for Jabo Ibehre, said: “It was a missed opportunity, because we came into the game confident we could win.
“We got the equaliser and then started the second half on top.”
Teenage winger Wright, the U’s man-of-the-match, confirmed: “I thought we were in cruise control in the second half, when we were definitely the better side.
You may also want to watch:
“But the set-piece (second goal by Yoann Arquin) was really disappointing. That killed us, and the third goal was frustrating because goal difference could still be a factor.”
The U’s entertain MK Dons tomorrow evening. Joe Dunne’s men are five points clear of the bottom four, with three games remaining.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards