Bond’s trip to the dentist
NO one likes a trip to the dentist, but Andy Bond was looking forward to today’s visit to his dental surgeon.
NO one likes a trip to the dentist, but Andy Bond has been looking forward to today’s visit to his dental surgeon.
They say there’s ‘no pain, without gain,’ and Bond has had his fair share of that since a collision with keeper Mark Cousins left him without his front teeth in pre-season.
Bond is now back to somewhere near his best form, having scored his first goal of the season in Saturday’s 2-2 home draw against Yeovil Town.
And now the ex-Barrow stalwart is hoping for an improvement off the pitch as well, with regards regaining his ‘good looks’ with some more dental work today.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s midfielder has already undergone a considerable amount of dentistry, but now he is set for more work on replacing his front teeth.
Bond confirmed: “I’m going in for some more dental work on Monday.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
“I’ve had to bide my time, getting back into the team after losing some teeth (in that pre-season collision against Ipswich), and then staying in the team.”
With reference to Saturday’s frustrating draw, Bond admitted: “We are disappointed we didn’t get the three points. We certainly had the chances.
“The lads are saying that’s the best we have probably played all season.
“I hit my shot really well for my goal. Like the gaffer said to me, if you don’t shoot you don’t score. I got plenty of power behind it and luckily it went in.
“We just had a bad 10-minute spell during which we conceded the second goal. Other than that, we played very, very well.”