Bonus point almost certain for Witches
IPSWICH Witches look certain to pocket the aggregate bonus point at least when they ride at Belle Vue tonight in the Sky Sports Elite League.The Suffolk side thrashed the Manchester-based outfit 65-25 in the corresponding fixture at Foxhall Stadium last month.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Witches look certain to pocket the aggregate bonus point at least when they ride at Belle Vue tonight in the Sky Sports Elite League.
The Suffolk side thrashed the Manchester-based outfit 65-25 in the corresponding fixture at Foxhall Stadium last month.
The Witches have already made one fruitless trip to Kirky Lane this season, and the weather forecast is such that could well make another today.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich will be tracking an unchanged side if the meeting goes ahead and, despite new averages coming into force yesterday, they remain in the same riding order.
Now level on points with Eastbourne - with four meetings in hand - and one point behind Reading - with three meetings in hand - Ipswich could see themselves move up the table if they strike consistent form.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 9 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat
Belle Vue are one place below Ipswich at the bottom of the table, although their home form is such that the visitors will struggle to get their first away league victory tonight - particularly with Zibi Suchecki and Marcin Rempala never having ridden the track before.
Witches promoter John Louis will team manage the side - and at Swindon on Thursday - because Mike Smillie has work commitments.
“The lads will be going for a win,” said Smillie.
“The least of our objectives will be the aggregate bonus point.”
Tonight's likely line-ups
Belle Vue: A Lindback, A Skornicki, J Screen, K Doolan, S Stead, J Wright, AN Other.
Ipswich: JB Jensen, K Jansson, C Louis, Z Suchecki, R Miskowiak, M Rempala, T Kroner.
IPSWICH are now riding away to Peterborough in the Sky Bet Elite League next Monday, July 9.
TOMASZ Gollob has come back to Ipswich.
The Polish superstar was in town yesterday after riding in the magnificent British Grand Prix in Cardiff on Saturday night.
Gollob rode successfully for the Witches in the treble-winning 1998 campaign - and again the following year.
He spent time yesterday with former Ipswich co-promoter Magda Louis before boarding a ferry at Parkeston Quay with his family, heading to Scandinavia for a Swedish League meeting tomorrow night.