Bopara and Cook in England squad
ESSEX's Ravi Bopara and Alastair Cook could stand to make half a million pounds each following their selection for the Stanford Super Series.
ESSEX CRICKET CLUB's Ravi Bopara and Alastair Cook have both been selected in the 15-man England squad for the eagerly anticipated multi-million pound Stanford Super Series.
Fresh off the back of their 4-0 Natwest Series win over South Africa, England will travel to Antigua next month to take on Middlesex, Trinidad & Tobago and a Stanford All-Star side in a Twenty20 Series.
The match against Texan billionaire Sir Allen Stanford's All-Star side - on November 1 - carries a prize of £500,000 per winning player, with a sizeable purse to also be shared amongst the four that miss out.
The same 15 will also take on India in seven one-day internationals, starting in mid-November.
You may also want to watch:
England squad: Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire) capt, James Anderson (Lancashire) Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Ravi Bopara (Essex), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Paul Collingwood (Durham), Alastair Cook (Essex), Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire) Stephen Harmison (Durham), Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire), Matt Prior (Sussex) Owais Shah (Middlesex), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), Ryan Sidebottom (Nottinghamshire), Luke Wright (Sussex).
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found