Bostik League round-up: Marketmen lose a thriller, while AFC Sudbury, Leiston and Mildenhall draw
- Credit: Archant
In the Bostik League, Reece Dobson bagged a brace to grab AFC Sudbury a share of the points at Waltham Abbey.
The point sees AFC move up to 14th place in the Bostik North table.
AFC went in front in the first half with Dobson becoming the clubs’s 178th scorer. The home side scored twice after the break but Dobson struck again eight minutes from time.
In the Premier Division, Lowestoft Town fell 2-0 at home to Margate, while Needham Market came home on the wrong side of a nine-goal thriller at Tonbridge Angels, losing 5-4. Angels scored in the last seconds of the game to win it, after Market had pulled it back to 4-4 from 4-2 through goals from Dan Morphew and Jamie Griffiths. Diaz Wright and Callum Harrison scored their other goals.
Leiston had to settle for a draw at Worthing, the match finishing 1-1. Super striker Matt Blake got the Suffolk side’s goal after 36 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, back down in Bostik North, Mildenhall Town drew 2-2 at Grays Athletic. Marcio Pereira and Daniel Brown got their strikes.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan