Bowditch loan extended
DEAN Bowditch will stay at Burnley until the end of the season.The 18-year-old young England striker scored his first goal for the Clarets at the weekend and has impressed manager Steve Cotterill.
By Derek Davis
DEAN Bowditch will stay at Burnley until the end of the season.
The 18-year-old young England striker scored his first goal for the Clarets at the weekend and has impressed manager Steve Cotterill.
The Burnley manager said: “Dean has been playing very well but only scored his first goal on Saturday. I have told him he needs to get his name as a goalscorer in the papers every week so Ipswich can see how well he is doing for when he goes back.
You may also want to watch:
“He is doing an excellent job for us and I can see him going a long way in the game.”
Bowditch originally went on loan in a one-month move which was due to expire after Saturday's game with Gillingham. The Blues have a recall clause should they need him to return.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
Meanwhile, Bowditch's temporary team-mate Brian Jensen has agreed a new contract at Turf Moor.
The 29-year-old Dane's contract was due to expire in the summer but the new agreement will extend his stay at the club until the end of the 2007-08 campaign.
Jensen arrived from West Brom in the summer of 2003 and was an ever-present last season. The arrival of Wales international Danny Coyne last year saw him start the current campaign on the bench but he regained his place after his team-mate suffered an injury.