Bowling kids are alright at Yoxford Bowls Club
- Credit: Su Anderson
There’s a lot going on at Yoxford Bowls Club.
Mac Herrieven who is one of three CRB-checked coaches that provides tuition for children on Saturday mornings.
Fourteen youngsters aged between seven and 13 currently attend the sessions which teach them everything from shaking hands to placing the mat correctly.
The kids, who come from Yoxford, Waldringfield, Sole Bay, Otley and Fressingfield clearly have fun, but their enjoyment has increased with the introduction of the Under-16s Challenge.
Each child has at least three competition games where they are awarded points for their ability before getting the chance to take on an opponent in a Three-Wood game.
You may also want to watch:
The semi-finals are set for August 15 with the final played on the club’s finals day.
“Membership has increased year on year,” said Mac, who started tuition in 2012.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
“Having started an adult and junior event last year, I felt something was required just for the children. You have got to keep them interested.”
The club’s adult and junior tournament is being held next Sunday (10am) and entries are still welcome.
For information on either, contact Mac Herrieven on 01728 452675.