‘There is more to come from us’ – U’s star Dickenson after 6-0 win over Crewe
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Brennan Dickenson spearheaded a wonderful team performance from Colchester United, bagging a first-half brace in an emphatic 6-0 home win over Crewe tonight.
Frankie Kent, Ryan Jackson, Luke Norris and Tom Lapslie were also on target, as the U’s recorded their biggest-ever home win at the Community Stadium, since their move from Layer Road in 2008.
“What a night! I scored two goals, had three assists and we won 6-0,” enthused Dickenson.
“What more could you ask after a team performance like that! We all felt very good out there.
“It was a very enjoyable match to play in, and the confidence is sky-high in the camp at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel like we have a very strong squad this year, and there is certainly more to come from us this season,” added Dickenson.
The U’s are unbeaten after four games, with two wins and two draws, and are up to third in League Two.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion