Highlights: Watch another stunning Bialkowski save and the ‘soft’ penalty that cost Ipswich at Brentford
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Match highlights from Ipswich Town’s 1-0 defeat at Brentford as Neal Maupay’s penalty wins it for the hosts.
In a game lacking quality throughout, Jonas Knudsen’s slight nudge on Sergi Canos led to a softly-awarded penalty midway through the second half, from which Maupay sent Bartosz Bialkowski the wrong way.
Earlier in the game, Bialkowski had made a stunning save with his feet to deny the striker.
Speaking after the game, defender Cameron Carter-Vickers insisted the penalty awarded was a soft one.
He said: “It was disappointing to lose the game and I thought we did well for large parts of it but they are a good team and they have quality on the ball and can move it around,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“But I think we matched them and maybe deserved more.
“From where I was standing it looked particularly soft and I actually thought the referee was going to give a dive when he blew up, so that was a bit of a shock.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 7 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 8 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
“I think this was even softer than the Birmingham penalty (when Carter-Vickers fouled Jacques Maghoma) and it’s those small margins that win and lose games.”