Brett Pitman’s injury is not serious
Ipswich Town striker Brett Pitman suffered nothing more than a bruised foot in last night’s 3-2 friendly win at Cambridge United.
The summer recruit from Bournemouth scored his fourth goal in three pre-season games before limping off early in the second half.
Manager Mick McCarthy said after the match that he wasn’t sure how bad the injury was, but today he has told the official club website: “It’s not too serious, just a bit of bruising. Thankfully it’s nothing serious and he’s fine.”
Having beaten Irish side Shelbourne 6-0, lost 4-3 in Germany to Fortuna Dusseldorf and won 3-2 at Cambridge United, Town’s pre-season preparations continue with a match at Peterborough on Saturday followed by a trip to Colchester next Tuesday.
The friendlies programme will finish with a home game against Dutch side Utrecht on Saturday, August 1, Ipswich’s 2015/15 Championship campaign getting under way with a game against Brentford, at Griffin Park, on Saturday, August 8.
You may also want to watch:
“Jonny Parr and (Daryl) Murph were missing against Cambridge but they will both be in action against Peterborough on Saturday,” confirmed McCarthy.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'