Brilliant Witches grab all four points
- Credit: Archant
Plymouth Devils 34 Ipswich Witches 44 Curfew after 13 heats, RESULT STANDS
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches boosted their Premier League play-off hopes with a fine victory at Plymouth.
In a meeting that had be be halted after 13 heats because of a curfew at the Devon track, the Suffolk side were never behind and – but for the home side’s Mikkel Bech – would have won this by far more.
The Witches were without the injured Rohan Tungate, but every visiting rider came to the party much to the delight of Witches team boss Pete Simmons.
“It was a long night, but we rode with out heads,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“They have some good riders and will get stronger at home as the season goes on, so this was a great result for us and all four points too.”
Witches: Barker 9, Heeps 9, Risager 4, Lanham 13, Ellis 7, Hawkins 2
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 10 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut