Broadland II 2 Magpies Ladies IV 2
Broadland II 2Magpies Ladies IV 2FriendlyMAGPIES travelled to play Broadland in a friendly before league matches resume next week.The first half was evenly contested in terms of possession and goals.
Broadland II 2
Magpies Ladies IV 2
MAGPIES travelled to play Broadland in a friendly before league matches resume next week.
You may also want to watch:
The first half was evenly contested in terms of possession and goals. Magpies took the lead early on, a good attempt on goal met by Beth Alexander at the far post to tap in. Broadland equalised shortly after from a quality short corner strike. The home side doubled their tally from close range before Magpies' centre back Nic Beevor arrived in the D to make the scores level again with a good hit into the corner.
The second half saw Magpies enjoy more possession, Laura Tibbenham on the left wing making some quality runs, beating the Broadland midfield and defence, and combining well with Beth Alexander on the right wing. Midway through the half, a sharp ball through the middle from Treacle Snelling found Kay Dennis who, showing good composure, slipped the ball through the keepers' legs to put the away side ahead. However, the teams were lining up to restart when the goal was disallowed following a lifted ball from a previous pass. Magpies pressed on, looking for the winner, with the defence staying strong and confident, but could not find the back of the net; the score remained at two all.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
A good match played in the right spirit, and an encouraging performance from all 11 Magpies players going into a tough game next week against the league leaders.