Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club appoint Jack Heald as head coach
- Credit: Archant
Bury St Edmunds have appointed Jack Heald as senior head coach, ahead of their new National League 3 campaign.
Heald was a standout candidate for the position and was most recently the head coach of National 2 side London Irish Amateurs.
The newcomer was head coach of the amateur side that successfully gained promotion from National 3 to National 2 and his experience will be key in the Haberden club’s progress.
Heald will work alongside playing chairman Terry Sands, director of rugby Gavin Hogg and Northampton Saints Academy Coach Jon Curry who will oversee the forwards.
He has coached at the Elite level of the game at Richmond and with Premiership team London Irish, as an academy coach, and will implement ideas and concepts from the Elite level to aid the development of the Green & Ambers’ squad.
You may also want to watch:
There is much enthusiasm within the senior squad who have been busy preparing for the start of pre-season, undertaking their strength and conditioning off-season programmes, as they build up to on field training commencing on Tuesday July 1.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down