California loves calendar boys - but Suffolk is less keen
WHEN Neil Farrow convinced club members at Hadleigh to strip naked for a charity calendar, he had no idea it would prove a big hit across the pond.
But then he also hoped that it would be more of a big seller locally - blaming the fact that the models are an “ugly bunch” as a reason why sales have been slow in and around Suffolk.
This is the predicament facing Hadleigh RFC as they bid to raise as much money as possible for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Kudos to the club for selling calendars in France, Ireland and America.
Take Tricia Spears of Murrieta, California, for example. Speaking after perhaps enjoying too much winter sun, Tricia said: “The girls in the office just love British rugby, the trouble is the calendar is never left on the wall long enough for anyone to use it properly.”
You may also want to watch:
With such worldwide ‘excitement’, you would think the Hadleigh boys would have no problems shifting the calendar closer to home to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
No such luck, as Farrow explained: “Unfortunately sales of the calendars have been slow so far. Maybe it’s because we’re an ugly bunch, which is understandable, but possibly also because we only have them in one retail outlet in Hadleigh - Avis’s newsagents.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
“This is why I would like to make an open appeal for people to visit www.teenagecancertrust.org and then contact me with a view to purchasing one.”
Anyone interested in purchasing a calendar should send a cheque for just �10 to Hadleigh Rugby Calendar, 6 High Street, Hadleigh, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP7 5AP, and it will be posted out free of charge.