‘It’s very much appreciated‘ - Connolly pays tribute to the Blues’ travelling army of fans
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Callum Connolly has thanked the travelling Ipswich Town faithful as they prepare for yet another long-distance trip to support their team.
The Blues are at Hillsborough this evening to face a Sheffield Wednesday side sitting 11 points behind them in the table, with another good away following expected.
Connolly accepts his side haven’t given their home crowd much to shout about of late, with just one home win this year, but the midfielder is grateful to the group of away fans who follow them around the country.
“It’s very much appreciated,” Connolly said. “I know Ipswich is a long way from everywhere – every away game has been two hours on the coach minimum. We appreciate the support, especially on a Tuesday night.
“I know the fans haven’t been happy with the performances recently at home and I understand that. We hold our hands up, it hasn’t been the best and we’ll be looking to put that right.
You may also want to watch:
“If we’re doing well and you hear the cheers it gives you a boost of confidence, but if it’s not going well and you don’t hear those cheers it impacts how you play.
“To be fair I’ve been blocking that out and just focussing on myself and the team.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk