‘It’s very much appreciated‘ - Connolly pays tribute to the Blues’ travelling army of fans
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Callum Connolly has thanked the travelling Ipswich Town faithful as they prepare for yet another long-distance trip to support their team.
The Blues are at Hillsborough this evening to face a Sheffield Wednesday side sitting 11 points behind them in the table, with another good away following expected.
Connolly accepts his side haven’t given their home crowd much to shout about of late, with just one home win this year, but the midfielder is grateful to the group of away fans who follow them around the country.
“It’s very much appreciated,” Connolly said. “I know Ipswich is a long way from everywhere – every away game has been two hours on the coach minimum. We appreciate the support, especially on a Tuesday night.
“I know the fans haven’t been happy with the performances recently at home and I understand that. We hold our hands up, it hasn’t been the best and we’ll be looking to put that right.
“If we’re doing well and you hear the cheers it gives you a boost of confidence, but if it’s not going well and you don’t hear those cheers it impacts how you play.
“To be fair I’ve been blocking that out and just focussing on myself and the team.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected