Can you unmask the SIL raspberry blower?
THE hunt is intensifying to find out the name of the Phantom Raspberry Blower of the SIL.He - or she - has been blowing raspberries down the phone and on internet social sites for a few years now.
THE hunt is intensifying to find out the name of the Phantom Raspberry Blower of the SIL.
He - or she - has been blowing raspberries down the phone and on internet social sites for a few years now.
And the net is closing.
You may also want to watch:
I have managed to track him - or her - down to give their side of the story.
But he - or she - is determined to keep their identity quiet.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Ipswich Athletic manager Jimmy Marjoram is one of the scores of local football personnel who have been on the receiving end.
“It's happened to me numerous times,” said Jimmy. “The phone rings and someone blows you a raspberry then rings off.
“Or my Face Book page on the internet comes up with a huge RRRRAAAAASSSSSSSPPPPP on it. Sometimes it is done in the middle of the night.
“It's been a big talking point within the SIL for a while now and loads of people are trying to find out.
“It can become a bit irksome after a while and perhaps a tad over the top but it's all good fun.”
The Raspberry acknowledges that he is a wanted man, but he plans to remain evasive and to continue to play his game.
“I know lots of people are desperate to know my identity,” the Raspberry said.
“A number of names are being thrown around as to my identity but I plan to keep them all guessing.”
Previous suspects have included local club officials and players Marjoram, Alan Ditcham, Glen Bradlaugh, Jamie and Karl Sandilands, Christian Appleford, Peter Soloman, Sean Benneworth, Mark Howard and the current favourite Shaun Watson although referee Irvin Flaherty has been mentioned.
The Raspberry gave me a few clues to their identity revealing: “I live in Suffolk, I can be seen at Portman Road, I've been to Uzbekistan as a teenager, I am a de ja vu, my hands hurt at work, I support a team from distant lands, I like the Village People's songs - especially one of them, a family member is in the local sporting public eye, I like Mickey Mouse.”
Jimmy has his own ideas of who the culprit is and he pinpoints the Sandilands brothers. “Probably Karl,” said Jimmy. “But Achilles manager Alan Middle cannot be discounted.
“It appeared to begin at Crane Sports with Shaun Watson, Christian Appleford and Alan Ditcham involved in there somewhere.”
Have you any information on the identity of the Phantom Raspberry Blower of the SIL? Or have you been 'got'? If so let me know and we'll try to get to the bottom of this.