Canaries are keeping check on players
WHILE Ipswich Town's players return for pre-season tomorrow, their Norfolk rivals have already been back to the training ground.Norwich manager Peter Grant called his entire squad in for fitness tests halfway through their summer break.
WHILE Ipswich Town's players return for pre-season tomorrow, their Norfolk rivals have already been back to the training ground.
Norwich manager Peter Grant called his entire squad in for fitness tests halfway through their summer break.
City players are currently working on a 10-page fitness programme organised by sports scientist Dave Carolan, with Canary players reporting in for midsummer checks.
“We have taken the decision to bring players to check how they are progressing off-season,” said Grant.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim is to be one step ahead when they come back next month for pre-season training. In the past we have tended to do this on a bespoke basis for certain players. But this time we're doing everybody, so everybody's treated the same.”
Blues players will be training three days a week for the next three weeks, before stepping up their work rate. They have a week off from July 8.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk