Cemal Ramadan bags a brace as Bury Town beat Heybridge Swifts
- Credit: Archant
Bury Town 2 Heybridge Swifts 1
Heybridge Swifts’ punishing schedule took its toll as Cemal Ramadan netted a late brace to seal a home win for Bury Town at Ram Meadow tonight.
The Swifts had won three quickfire matches inside a six-day period, over Witham, Cheshunt and Waltham Abbey last week, and a fourth win would have seen them power into the play-off zone.
It was goalless for the first three-quarters of the game, until substitute Luke Callander put the Swifts 1-0 up on 71 minutes.
If the result had stayed this way, then Jody Brown’s men would have dislodged Dereham and moved into sixth spot, but Blues’ striker Ramadan then bagged a brace of goals in the 75th and 82nd minutes to move the West Suffolk club up to 10th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
The Swifts stay in eighth, three points behind Dereham but with two games still in hand.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door