Chairman's UEFA role
Ipswich Town chairman David Sheepshanks has flown to Zurich to attend the first meeting of the newly-formed FIFA Club task force.Town have been chosen as one of the UEFA representatives.
By Dave Vincent
Ipswich Town chairman David Sheepshanks has flown to Zurich to attend the first meeting of the newly-formed FIFA Club task force.
Town have been chosen as one of the UEFA representatives.
The task force has been set up to gather views from clubs from the various football confederations around the world.
Sheepshanks told the club website that being asked on to the committee is a major accolade for Town: “I see this as a great honour for the club, to be recognised in this way. While I have previously served on a UEFA committee, I have never had any involvement with FIFA.
“There are so many fundamental issues that are controlled by FIFA and yet affect the daily lives of clubs in this country. I hope I can add value to the international debate, as well as to serve the best interests of all club football in England and not just those of our biggest clubs who already have representation on other committees.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
Amongst the other UEFA representatives are Barcelona president Joan Laporta, while Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer is there on behalf of his club. Other FIFA Club task force members include River Plate (Argentina), Palmeiras de Sao Paulo (Brazil), New England Revolution (USA), Perth Glory (Australia), Mohan Bagan Club (India) and Jubilo Iwata (Japan).