Chairman's UEFA role
Ipswich Town chairman David Sheepshanks has flown to Zurich to attend the first meeting of the newly-formed FIFA Club task force.Town have been chosen as one of the UEFA representatives.
By Dave Vincent
Ipswich Town chairman David Sheepshanks has flown to Zurich to attend the first meeting of the newly-formed FIFA Club task force.
Town have been chosen as one of the UEFA representatives.
The task force has been set up to gather views from clubs from the various football confederations around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Sheepshanks told the club website that being asked on to the committee is a major accolade for Town: “I see this as a great honour for the club, to be recognised in this way. While I have previously served on a UEFA committee, I have never had any involvement with FIFA.
“There are so many fundamental issues that are controlled by FIFA and yet affect the daily lives of clubs in this country. I hope I can add value to the international debate, as well as to serve the best interests of all club football in England and not just those of our biggest clubs who already have representation on other committees.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Amongst the other UEFA representatives are Barcelona president Joan Laporta, while Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer is there on behalf of his club. Other FIFA Club task force members include River Plate (Argentina), Palmeiras de Sao Paulo (Brazil), New England Revolution (USA), Perth Glory (Australia), Mohan Bagan Club (India) and Jubilo Iwata (Japan).