Chambers signs Essex extension
Cricket: Fast bowler Maurice Chambers has signed a one-year contract extension with Essex, taking him up to the end of the 2009 season.The 20-year-old, who was already contracted until 2008, is the latest squad member to commit himself to the Club for the foreseeable future.
Cricket: Fast bowler Maurice Chambers has signed a one-year contract extension with Essex, taking him up to the end of the 2009 season.
The 20-year-old, who was already contracted until 2008, is the latest squad member to commit himself to the Club for the foreseeable future.
Jamaican-born Chambers received his British Citizenship in July and is continuing his rehabilitation from a lumbar spine stress fracture which meant he was unable to feature in the first-team last season.
As a sign of his progress, the former Essex Academy player will be a part of the ECB's fast-bowling skills set at the National Cricket Centre in Loughborough for the second winter running.
You may also want to watch:
Chambers said: “Last season was really frustrating for me because of my injury but I'm already looking forward to next season. It's going to be a crucial year for me because I will need to perform at my best.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning