Suffolk ref Abi Marriott set for Women’s Champions League date
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk official Abi Marriott is to be an assistant referee at the UEFA Women’s Champions’ League Qualifying Round next month, writes Nick Garnham.
The 26-year-old from Mildenhall will travel out to Lithuania from August 6th-14 along with FIFA referee Sarah Garratt.
The Group 9 qualifying stage features host side Gintra Universitetas, FC NSA Sofia from Bulgaria, FC Honka Espoo of Finland and EBS/Skála from the Faroe Islands.
Marriott said: “I was absolutely delighted to receive the call up from the FA. I have been very fortunate to visit several countries around Europe with football in the last couple of years, and every place is a completely different experience and culture.
“I’ve never been to Lithuania before, so I can’t wait to get going.
You may also want to watch:
“I will act as assistant referee on three games in 10 days within the Champions’ League qualifying group. As yet I don’t know which games – these will be appointed closer to the time.”
The prestigious appointment is the latest Abi has received in the last couple of years.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
She was an assistant referee at the SSE Women’s FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium in May 2017 and also at the Women’s Under-19 European Championship last October.
In March she refereed the 2018 Women’s FA Varsity Match and the following month she was referee for one of the SSE Women’s FA Cup Semi-Finals.