Chelmsford City sign striker Shaun Batt
Chelmsford City have signed striker Shaun Batt.
The former Peterborough United and Leyton Orient hitman had been plying his trade for Sky Bet League Two side Barnet last season.
The 30-year-old began his career as a youngster at Stevenage Borough before a two year spell with Dagenham & Redbridge.
He signed for Fisher Athletic in June 2007, making 33 appearances for the Conference South side during the 2007-08 season. His eleven goals at the second level of non-league led to a move to the Football League with Peterborough United, but he could not recreate his success and scored four times in 60 appearances.
A loan move to Millwall saw Batt given first-team football and the 6ft 2ins striker netted three times in 17 appearances before signing permanently for the League One side.
You may also want to watch:
He moved to Leyton Orient in June 2013 before signing for Barnet on a two-year deal in July 2015.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening