Chelsea could sign Ashley Young
CARLO Ancelotti has identified Ashley Young as the player to spark his Chelsea revolution. (The Sun)The Italian coach is being promised a big-name signing worth up to �30million by Roman Abramovich if he joins as boss this summer.
CARLO Ancelotti has identified Ashley Young as the player to spark his Chelsea revolution. (The Sun)
The Italian coach is being promised a big-name signing worth up to �30million by Roman Abramovich if he joins as boss this summer.
Chelsea's owner has even vowed to dip into his own pocket to pay for the transfer - something he hasn't done for two years.
And Aston Villa winger Young is top of a list of three names.
You may also want to watch:
Ancelotti wants an attacking star with real pace to add a different dimension to Chelsea's play.
Villa paid Watford �9.65million for the 23-year-old two years ago and will demand double that to sell the England man.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Chelsea have lacked a player with lightning speed and the talent to break the deadlock in a tight game.
But Ancelotti will aim to change that by playing fit-again Joe Cole on the right and, possibly, Young on the left of a front three next season.
Guus Hiddink agrees with the signing of that type of player and has recommended CSKA striker Yuri Zhyrkov.
Zhyrkov is valued at �15m by his club while Chelsea will sell Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou to make way for new faces.
Ancelotti has also targeted Genoa striker Diego Milito.