Chief executive David East leaving Essex Cricket
ESSEX Cricket chief executive David East is to leave the club at the end of the year.
East has been appointed as chief executive of Abu Dhabi Cricket Club and Emirates Cricket Board.
He will remain at Essex until the end of the year and in the next few weeks will be instituting a process to recruit a new chief executive.
In the meantime, East will continue to work with the senior management team to take the club forward.
East has been associated with the club since 1981, when he joined as a professional cricketer. He then returned as commercial manager before becoming chief executive in 2000.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Nigel Hilliard said: “David leaves the role after 12 years in the position and everyone associated with the club would like to wish him the best of luck in the United Arab Emirates.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 9 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson