Chris Brammer’s ratings from Ipswich Town’s 2-1 defeat at Crystal Palace, in the Carabao Cup
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Chris Brammer shares his ratings from Ipswich Town’s 2-1 defeat at Crystal Palace, in the Carabao Cup, on Tuesday night. The Blues gave seven players their professional debuts.
1. DEAN GERKEN 8
Senior member of team pulled four excellent saves, three in second period as Palace began to turn the screw.
39. LUKE WOOLFENDEN 8
Coped admirably with the threat of Jeffrey Schlupp. Head, blocked and tackled well.
You may also want to watch:
38. PAT WEBBER 7
Defended well against Sullay KaiKai and Jason Lokilo. Looked steady on and off the ball
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
43. GEORGE FOWLER 7
Performed well alongside fellow senior debutant Webber.
22. TRISTAN NYDAM 8
Looked composed in midfield this season, but looked equally adept at left-back. Hardly put a foot wrong before being substituted.
17. DANNY ROWE 6
Struggled to impose himself too much as an attacking threat, but defended well.
37. ADAM McDONNELL 7
Looked calm and assured in midfield, against much more experienced campaigners, such as James McArthur and Jason Puncheon
21. FLYNN DOWNES 8
Growing in confidence and stature with every game. Bossed the midfield for spells in the first half.
11. BERSANT CELINA 6
Better first half after quiet opening period. Scored Town’s consolation.
42. SHANE McLOUGHLIN 6
Busy and put himself about, playing just behind lone striker Ben Folami
34. BEN FOLAMI 6
Did well on his professional debut. One or two neat touches and wasn’t afraid to be physical
35. BEN MORRIS 6
Did well to set up Celina for the consolation
36. MONTY PATTERSON 6
Flick header almost sent game into extra-time.
40. CHRIS SMITH 6
Tested against £15m man Andros Townsend and did OK.