Chris Walker-Hebborn sets a new Commonwealth Games record in the 100m backstroke heats
- Credit: PA
Bury St Edmunds swimmer Chris Walker-Hebborn set a new Commonwealth Games record in the heats of the 100m backstroke this lunchtime.
The 24-year-old was fastest qualifier with an impressive time of 53.30 in Glasgow, the semi-finals between 8.49pm and 9pm tonight.
Walker-Hebborn – who has reinvented himself as a short distance swimmer after his disappointment at the London 2012 Olympics – said he was hopeful of ‘big things’ heading into this week, setting himself the target of four medals.
The former Team Ipswich swimmer, now based at Bath, will also compete in the 50m back, 4x100m medley and 4x100m freestyle.
Thursday 24th: 100m back; semi-finals 20.49-21.00.
You may also want to watch:
Friday 25th: 4x100m free; heats 12.07-12.25; 100m back final; 21.03-21.06; 4x100m free final 21.25-21.30.
Saturday 26th: 50m back; heats 11.10-11.23, semi-finals 19.53-20.03.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 10 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
Sunday 27th: 50m back final; 20.59-21.07.
Tuesday 29th: 4x100m medley; heats 11.30-11.48, final 21.12-21.19.