City prepare to replace Dunne
SUNDERLAND are closing in on a �5m deal for Manchester City defender Richard Dunne - and he could be replaced at Eastlands by England internationals Joleon Lescott or Matthew Upson.
SUNDERLAND are closing in on a �5m deal for Manchester City defender Richard Dunne - and he could be replaced at Eastlands by England internationals Joleon Lescott or Matthew Upson. (Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph)
Irish international Dunne, 29, had also been attracting Tottenham and Stoke, but it looks like new Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will get his man.
In preparation, City have placed a �16m bid for Everton's Lescott and are chasing West Ham's Upson as well as Arsenal's Kolo Toure.
Should the Dunne deal fall through, Sunderland have also enquired about Portsmouth's defender Sylvain Distin and are interested in Wigan's Lee Cattermole and Hugo Rodallega.
You may also want to watch:
They have also registered interest in Spartak Moscow's Czech midfielder Radislav Kovac who had a loan spell with West Ham last season.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named