Clacton 2 Braintree 3
Division Three South East Clacton 2 Braintree 3 Clacton went down for the third game on the trot, again to a single goal. Top of table Braintree did just enough to go away with all three points, the difference being the teams short corner routines.
Division Three South East
Clacton 2 Braintree 3
Clacton went down for the third game on the trot, again to a single goal.
Top of table Braintree did just enough to go away with all three points, the difference being the teams short corner routines.
The Seasiders where fast out the blocks with good early pressure creating a number of chances, but failed to find the back of the net due to some good keeping from the visitors. In the ninth minute Clacton found the back of the net when Jamie Roberts was on hand to poke home a short corner after Rob Lukey's shot was saved.
Clacton failed to capitalise and allowed the visitors to get back on level terms two minutes later. Midway through the first half the Seasiders gifted the visitors the lead when they failed to clear a long corner. However, the Seasiders didn't drop their heads and continued to match the visitors in all departments and got their reward when Daniel Hunn slotted home another short corner rebound for 2-2 at half time.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
The second half saw Clacton having to soak up more pressure and early on the visitors retook the lead from a fiercely struck short corner that gave Mike Key no chance. The Seasiders fought hard and kept making half chances with the visitor's keeper saving well from Sam Hodge.
Clacton's defence contained the opponents and stopped them getting any open play shots on goal with man-of-the-match Colin Hook showing great composure under pressure to clear his lines on numerous occasions. It wasn't until the last few minutes that Clacton got their first short corner of the half and they nearly equalised when Danny Clow's deflected shot bounced agonisingly just wide of the post, with Roberts and Hunn just unable to get the touch needed to get the ball home.
Clacton go on their travels for the last two games before the Christmas break hoping to end their losing streak with a visit to mid-table Ramgaria.