Town show interest in Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are showing an interest in Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris, we understand.
The 25-year-old front man scored 16 goals for Rovers during the 2019/20 season, having previously netted 11 in the 17 games following his move from Coventry in January 2019. He now enters the final year of his deal.
The Blues have made signing a striker a top priority this summer as they look to challenge for promotion from League One, with Clarke-Harris one of a number of players considered.
It’s understood he would cost a significant six-figure fee, of at least £700,000, with Championship club Charlton also understood to be keen along with other sides at the top end of League One.
It remains to be seen whether the Blues have that level of money to invest, given the ongoing impact of the coronavirus crisis.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke-Harris stands 6ft 2inch and is left-footed, though can score with both feet, with his head and from long range.
James Norwood and Kayden Jackson led Town’s scoring charts with 11 goals each last season, with Freddie Sears the only remaining senior striker following the departure of Will Keane and Jordan Roberts.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders