Town show interest in Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are showing an interest in Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris, we understand.
The 25-year-old front man scored 16 goals for Rovers during the 2019/20 season, having previously netted 11 in the 17 games following his move from Coventry in January 2019. He now enters the final year of his deal.
The Blues have made signing a striker a top priority this summer as they look to challenge for promotion from League One, with Clarke-Harris one of a number of players considered.
It’s understood he would cost a significant six-figure fee, of at least £700,000, with Championship club Charlton also understood to be keen along with other sides at the top end of League One.
It remains to be seen whether the Blues have that level of money to invest, given the ongoing impact of the coronavirus crisis.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke-Harris stands 6ft 2inch and is left-footed, though can score with both feet, with his head and from long range.
James Norwood and Kayden Jackson led Town’s scoring charts with 11 goals each last season, with Freddie Sears the only remaining senior striker following the departure of Will Keane and Jordan Roberts.
- 1 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 2 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 3 Vaccination centre programme in Essex 'not working' says critic
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 6 Hundreds of new homes approved for rural village
- 7 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 8 Alan Lee: 'If I had any friendly advice for Town, I'd say mix it up a bit.'
- 9 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 10 Infection rates continue to fall across Suffolk and Essex