Clinton Morrison signs for Colchester United
COLCHESTER United have signed experienced striker Clinton Morrison.
Powerful front-runner Morrison has signed a two-year deal, and is currently travelling out to Holland to join up with the rest of the squad.
Morrison’s arrival should complete the final jigsaw in John Ward’s plans for the new season.
The 33-year-old has played for the likes of Crystal Palace, Birmingham, Coventry and more recently Sheffield Wednesday, and has also had loan spells with MK Dons and Brentford in League One.
He made his senior debut for Palace back in 1998, and moved onto Birmingham for a fee of �4.25m in 2002, before eventually returning to Selhurst Park for a �2m fee in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Morrison spent the last two seasons with Sheffield Wednesday, before being released this summer.
He will be seen as a replacement for target man Kayode Odejayi, who turned down the offer of a new U’s contract to join Rotherham last month,
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover