Colchester 1 Ramgarhia 3
East Men’s League
COLCHESTER suffered a second straight defeat as they went down 3-1 at home to Ramgarhia. It was the visitors that started the game the brighter and the home side were indebted to their keeper and Ellisons Solictor’s man of the match, Jack Gardner for making a couple of brilliant saves to deny the away side a goal.
It was the home side though that took the lead, a quick break saw the ball get to debutant Vince Moore on the left, Moore’s ball forward took a defender’s stick but still found its way to Jack Devitt, who slid the ball past the Ramgarhia keeper.
The visitors equalised through a penalty corner. The Ramgarhia forward shaped to shoot, but took the ball past the first runner and pushed the ball into the bottom corner.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester almost went into half-time when a bobbling ball at the top of the ‘D’ was met by Ed Mortimer’s stick, forcing the Ramgarhia keeper into making a fine save.
The second half continued in a similar vein, with the visiting side showing their superior skills, but Colchester battled hard to keep their opponents at bay. The away side took the lead with a carbon copy of their first, the Ramgarhia forward went past Michael Pearce from a Penalty Corner and slotted home from close range.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
Colchester continued to try to play their own game and created chances and won penalty corners, but could not quite find that final pass or shot to beat the visiting keeper.
The Ramgarhia forward put the game beyond Colchester when he completed his hat-trick. Jack Gardner came out on the forward and got a touch to his shot, but the ball looped up and went in off the post, with Gardner scurrying back to try to scramble the ball off the line.
Colchester will be buoyed by the improvement in the performance from last week and will be looking to continue the improvement when they travel to St Ives next week.
THE second XI recorded their first win of the season running out 4-2 winners away at Redbridge & Ilford, with the goals from Alfie Sexton, Rob Mann, Duncan Scott and Mark Prince. The third XI were also victorious, Tim Sarson & James Barber scoring the goals that defeated Thurrock second XI. The fourth XI were awarded the points in their fixture against Upminster sixth XI as their visitors were unable to raise a team.