Colchester 4 Bourne 0
NE14Hockey East Women's LeagueDivision One NorthColchester 4 Bourne 0COLCHESTER continued a fine run of form beating Bourne at home in the Division One North League on Saturday.
NE14Hockey East Women's League
Division One North
Colchester 4 Bourne 0
COLCHESTER continued a fine run of form beating Bourne at home in the Division One North League on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester were dominant from the start, controlling the pace of the game and keeping possession. The breakthrough came early on, after a handful of penalty corner efforts had been blocked by the Bourne keeper, a strike by Lucy Struth sneaked through the keeper's pads for a 1-0 lead.
Colchester soon doubled their advantage after a drive down the right by Kirsty Barber opened up the Bourne defence for Karen Harris to lay the ball across to Helen Barnes to slot away from close range. Colchester remained untroubled at the back and continued to push forward for the remainder of the half. A powerful Lucy Struth penalty corner strike gave the home side a comfortable 3-0 lead going into half time.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
The opening 10 minutes of the second half saw Bourne step up and dominate possession as Colchester had done in the first half. But with no clear cut chances created it was Colchester who, against the run of play, added their fourth mid way through the half. Anna Foley received the ball at the top of the 'D', created some space for a through ball to Karen Harris who passed across the goal for Louise Bibby to slot away for an unassailable lead.
Colchester saw out the rest of the game to win 4-0 and stay top of the league going into the last month of the season.