Colchester have to settle for draw
Scunthorpe United 3 Colchester United 3Colchester had to settle for a point in their final game of the season after Paul Hayes' second-half brace brought Scunthorpe level in an entertaining draw.
Scunthorpe United 3 Colchester United 3
Colchester had to settle for a point in their final game of the season after Paul Hayes' second-half brace brought Scunthorpe level in an entertaining draw.
Hayes hauled the Iron back into the game after Nigel Adkins' side conceded two goals in the first three minutes of the second half to leave them trailing the U's 3-1.
Kevin McLeod had given the visitors the lead after 11 minutes but Jonathan Forte equalised just three minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Vernon's overhead kick and McLeod's second of the game after the break had looked like consigning the Glanford Park side to defeat before Hayes pulled one back after 67 minutes.
The 23-year-old then completed the comeback eight minutes from time when he lashed home his eighth of the season to share the spoils in what will be a League One fixture next season.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk