Colchester United boss John McGreal: ‘We are within touching distance of the play-offs’
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, insists that his U’s side are “still within touching distance” of the League Two play-offs.
But the U’s really need to beat visiting Stevenage tomorrow (3pm), if they are to reduce the five-point gap between themselves and the top-seven going into the final five games of the campaign.
“We only have a small squad (due to injuries), but we are trying to keep it all lively,” said McGreal following yesterday’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“We are within touching distance of the play-offs, so let’s enjoy it!
“We haven’t been in this position for a number of years, so the training sessions have been lively and everyone is looking forward to the next few games.
You may also want to watch:
“The Notts County game (3-1 defeat last weekend)has gone. We don’t even talk about that, because that can’t get us promoted. But beating Stevenage can help to get us promoted.”
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement