Colchester United boss Kevin Keen dedicates win to U’s fans
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United produced a sensational second-half display to thump visiting Doncaster Rovers 4-1 this afternoon.
Chris Porter, Elliot Lee, Alex Gilbey and Richard Brindley were all on target during the second 45 minutes, to wipe out Gary McSheffrey’s 22nd minute opener for Rovers.
U’s boss Kevin Keen enthused: “That victory is for our supporters.
“Today’s result was a long time in coming, but it was nice for our fans to see some goals go in at the right end of the pitch for a change.
“Our fans have seen today how good we can be, and that’s why this win is for the supporters.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to do more, of course, but at least we are off the bottom of the table.
“I just reminded the players how good they are, during half-time, and they responded magnificently.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
“They were amazing in the second half,” added Keen.