Colchester United captain Luke Prosser undergoes another knee operation
Luke Prosser has suffered another knock-back, in his quest to return to the Colchester United first team.
Centre-half Prosser, who was appointed U’s club captain following his move from Southend last summer, played just 17 games last season before sustaining a serious knee injury.
The 29-year-old underwent an operation last November, and was hoping to be back in the first-team fold for pre-season.
However, it has not worked out that way, and instead Prosser has had to undergo another operation after seeing a specialist.
“Luke has had an operation,” confirmed McGreal. “He had that done quickly, so you’re looking at upwards of two months.”
You may also want to watch:
Prosser watched from the stands as his U’s team-mates secured a 3-0 win at Braintree Town on Saturday, to make it five wins out of five from this summer’s pre-season friendlies. Sammie Szmodics netted a brace and Louis Dunne added a late third.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again