Colchester United defender Richard Brindley linked with a move to Egypt
Colchester United defender Richard Brindley has been linked with a move away from the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Brindley has been in cracking form for the League Two U’s this season, both as a right-back and more recently as a right wing-back.
And he scored his first goal of the season on Easter Monday, in a 1-1 draw at Morecambe.
Now Brindley has been linked with a move to Egyptian giants Zamalek – the 23-year-old shares the same agent with Ivory Coast striker Souleymane Coulibaly, who has impressed in the Egyptian Premier League since signing from Kilmarnock earlier this season.
Brindley’s agent, Lee Payne, told KingFut website: “It’s very early days I’d say.
You may also want to watch:
“I think this came about due to the Coulibaly deal and other players. They and other clubs have been looking at in the UK for a while.
“I think you will see a lot more UK players coming out there.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
Brindley’s current deal expires this summer.