Colchester United front-runner Freddie Sears pushing for a start at Notts County
- Credit: Archant
Freddie Sears is pushing for a return to the Colchester United starting line-up, after recent cameo roles as a substitute against Bristol City and Wolves.
Ex-West Ham front-runner Sears netted the equaliser in the 2-2 draw against Bristol City last Saturday, and struck the post late on during the 4-2 defeat at league leaders Wolves on Tuesday night.
So the 24-year-old has put himself in the frame, for a start at Notts County tomorrow.
Manager Joe Dunne explained: “We’ve had situations with Freddie (Sears) this season, where he has carried this hamstring injury. To go ballistic from the off, and play 70 or 80 minutes, may have put him at risk.
“The plan was to play him in the same way (at Wolves) as against Bristol City, as a substitute, and he made a big impact when he came on.
You may also want to watch:
“Freddie is in contention. I have a good healthy squad going into this weekend,” added Dunne.
Skipper Brian Wilson is set to return, after a hip injury, as could winger Sanchez Watt after a quad problem.
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 5 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash