Colchester United hit jackpot by extending Luke Garbutt’s loan stay from Everton
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United have been able to extend Luke Garbutt’s loan stay from Everton.
Garbutt’s initial loan spell ended after the U’s gutsy goalless draw at MK Dons on New Year’s Day.
However, manager Joe Dunne was keen to extend the deal, and Garbutt himself was more than happy to stay with the League One U’s, and so gain some more first team experience.
The 20-year-old left-back has impressed, since his arrival from Goodison Park in mid-September, and has so far rattled up 18 first team appearances.
Having made his debut in a 2-2 draw at Bradford, Garbutt has also gone on to score three goals, in the home defeats to Sheffield United (FA Cup) and Crewe, and the 1-1 draw at Preston.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great that we have been able to extend Luke’s time here,” enthused Dunne.
Garbutt’s loan deal has been extended until early February.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave