Colchester United home game against Rotherham is CALLED OFF
Colchester United’s home match against Rotherham this afternoon has been postponed following a pitch inspection at 8.30 this morning.
Covers had been put on the Weston Homes Community Stadium pitch, to protect it from the heavy rain that was threatened during the back-end of this week.
But the playing surface was still deemed to be waterlogged, and so unplayable, following this morning’s inspection.
The U’s have not played for three weeks, since a 4-2 win at Carlisle United on January 18.
Their next scheduled fixture is away at Port Vale on Tuesday, February 12.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the U’s game away at Swindon Town the following weekend has been brought forward to Friday evening, February 14 (kick-off 7.45pm).
This is due to Swindon’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern area final second leg tie against Peterborough the following Monday evening, which is being screened live on TV.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
The Robins will now have 24 hours extra to recover before that fixture.