Colchester United match-winner Sean Murray hails the return of Kurtis Guthrie
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United’s match-winner, Sean Murray, has hailed the long-awaited return of Kurtis Guthrie to the U’s squad.
Midfielder Murray drilled home the first goal of his U’s career, in a 1-0 away win at Yeovil yesterday. It was the Essex club’s first victory on the road this season.
Murray was delighted with that landmark goal, but also the appearance of striker Guthrie as a stoppage-time substitute. Guthrie had been out of action for seven months with an ankle injury.
“It’s massive to have Kurtis Guthrie back,” confirmed Murray.
“He’s been training for a couple of weeks now, and his quality has shone through. We need to look after him, because he’s been out for a long time, but it’s good to have him back.”
You may also want to watch:
Guthrie damaged ankle ligaments during the closing minutes of a 2-1 home win over Hartlepool on February 28. He required surgery, having scored 12 goals during the season.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home