Colchester United’s waiting game with Kyel Reid
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Colchester United are playing a waiting game, with regards Kyel Reid.
Left-sided specialist Reid has been back at Coventry City for over a week, since the end of his loan deal with the U’s and the beginning of his current suspension.
U’s boss John McGreal has intimiated that he would like to etend Reid’s stay with the U’s, and the 30-year-old is surplus to requirements at the Sky Blues.
However, he still has two matches of a three-game ban to serve, against Grimsby tomorrow and away at Port Vale next weekend, following his sending-off during the 4-1 home defeat to Cheltenham.
“It’s still ongoing with Kyle. There has to be a little bit of patience because he is still suspended,” confirmed McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s one in which we are not in regular contact, but I do get in touch with him via text. It’s on the back-burner at the moment because of the suspension.”
Reid netted three goals in 19 league outings for the U’s.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers