Colchester United secure their fourth signing of the summer
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United have today completed the signing of former Yeovil Town captain, Joe Edwards.
Midfielder Edwards had been reported to be training with Cheltenham Town last week, but this afternoon he arrived at the U’s on a free transfer.
He becomes U’s boss Tony Humes’ fourth signing of the summer, following in the footsteps of right-back Richard Brindley, left-back Matt Briggs and defender George Elokobi.
Edwards, aged 24, began his career at Bristol City. He is likely to operate in midfield for the U’s, although he can also play as a full-back.
He spent three-and-a-half years at Huish Park, making 132 appearances for Yeovil, including 39 last season.
You may also want to watch:
Glovers boss, Paul Strurrock, wanted to keep Edwards, but the player decided on a move following the club’s relegation to League Two.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 8 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 9 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm