Colchester United sign keeper Jamie Jones
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United have this morning signed experienced keeper, Jamie Jones, on loan from Preston for the next three months.
Former Leyton Orient regular Jones has been snapped up on a 93-day emergency loan, which will take him through to mid-December.
He goes straight into the squad for the U’s trip to Chesterfield tomorrow, and is line to make his debut against the Spireites.
Jones, aged 26, played 151 league games for his first club Leyton Orient, between 2008 and 2014.
He moved to Preston during the summer of 2014, and has since made 17 league appearances for the Lilywhites, as well as having loan stints at League One sides Coventry and Rochdale, both earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Jones is yet to make an appearance this season.
He will compete with Elliot Parish for the first choice keeper berth, following Sam Walker’s long-term injury blow (cruciate ligament damage) at the start of this season.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk