Colchester United snap up right-back Richard Brindley on loan from Rotherham
Colchester United have snapped up right-back Richard Brindley on loan from Rotherham, on loan transfer deadline day today.
Ex-Norwich City Academy product Brindley has been recruited as a replacement for Elliott Hewitt, who was recalled by Ipswich Town from his loan spell with the U’s yesterday afternoon.
Brindley is expected to make his Colchester debut in a week’s time, at Port Vale on Good Friday - the U’s do not have a match this weekend, due to their scheduled home fixture against Swindon being postponed (the Robins have several players away on international duty).
“We’ve been very fortunate to replace Elliott (Hewitt), by taking Richard (Brindley) from Rotherham,” explained manager Tony Humes this lunchtime.
“He has Championship experience, and we’ve been able to act quickly. He will be here for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“He has done well for himself, in League football, as well as non-league football in the past.
“Richard is someone we havwe been aware of, and hopefully he does well.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
“You never know, there might be possibilites going forwrad with him, depending on how he does,” added Humes.