Colchester United snap up striker Rekeil Pyke on loan
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Colchester Uni
Colchester United have this afternoon signed talented teenage striker Rekeil Pyke on loan from Huddersfield Town.
Powerful front-runner Pyke has been training with the U’s in recent days, and will bolster the U’s strike-force department alongside Chris Porter, Denny Johnstone and Tommy O’Sullivan for the remainder of the season.
Manager John McGreal confirmed: “Rekeil (Pyke) is a player that we like, and Huddersfield have high hopes for him.
“He trained with us last week, and Huddersfield have been keen for him to go out and play some first-team games.
“He’s still young, but he looks like a man. He’s done well in training, and we look forward to him making an impact with us,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
Chapletown-born Pyke played for Rothwell Juniors before signing for Huddersfield Town’s Academy at under-12 level.
He has been prolific for the under-18s, and has made a similar impact for the under-23s, having signed his first professional contract when he was a first-year Academy scholar in February, 2015
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
At the end of last year, 19-year-old Pyke joined Wrexham on loan, making three appearances for the Welsh club in the National League.
He made his senior debut in Wrexham’s 1-0 defeat at promotion-chasing Lincoln, at the end of November, and made substitute appearances against Macclesfield and Sutton.