Colchester United swoop with double signing
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United have completed a busy loan transfer deadline day by snapping up two new players, winger Blair Turgott and defender Ben Tozer.
Turgott has signed from West Ham on a 28-day youth loan, and will be eligible for Saturday’s trip to Tranmere Rovers.
He is the second player to make the short move from Upton Park to the Community Stadium, following in the footsteps of striker Elliot Lee.
Turgott will also team up with two ex-West Ham players, in Freddie Sears and Dominic Vose, although leading scorer Sears is currently sidelined by a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, utility player Tozer has signed on a month’s loan from League Two basement club Northampton Town, who are managed by ex-U’s boss Aidy Boothroyd. He will be in the U’s squad at Prenton Park.
You may also want to watch:
Tozer has bags of experience, having played more than 150 games for the Cobblers. He can operate anywhere along the back four, and also in central midfield.
Magnus Okuonghae and Tom Eastman are the only fit centre-halves, so Tozer offers valuable back-up, especially as Okuonghae is just one booking away from a suspension.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight