U’s to play away at Manchester United in EFL Cup
- Credit: PA
Colchester United will play away at Manchester United, in the quarter-finals of the EFL Carabao Cup.
The League Two U's, the lowest-ranked team left in the competition, were blessed with a glamorous away tie at Old Trafford following this morning's quarter-final draw.
The U's have not played Manchester United since losing 2-0 at home in the same League Cup competition in 1984.
Following a first round win over Swindon Town, John McGreal's men saw off the Premier League duo of Crystal Palace and Tottenham, both via penalty shoot-outs, before winning 3-1 at Crawley Town on Tuesday night.
The other quarter-final ties see League One Oxford United entertain Manchester City, while Aston Villa will host Liverpool, and Everton will entertain Leciester City.
You may also want to watch:
The ties will be played during the week commencing December 16.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season