Colchester United to travel to Wealdstone in the FA Cup
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United have been drawn away to non-league Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Cup.
But Essex neighbours Braintree Town can look forward to a home tie, against League Two club Oxford United.
The first round draw was made this evening, and was televised live on BBC2.
Tony Humes’ men were also drawn away last season, when they won 6-3 away at Gosport Borough. They beat Peterborough in the second round before losing 3-1 at Cardiff in round three.
This will be the third meeting between the U’s and Wealdstone, in the FA Cup.
The U’s suffered a 1-0 defeat away from home in 1949, and enjoyed a 4-0 home success at Layer Road in 1983.
Wealdstone are currently 17th in National League South.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten