Colchester United to travel to Wealdstone in the FA Cup
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United have been drawn away to non-league Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Cup.
But Essex neighbours Braintree Town can look forward to a home tie, against League Two club Oxford United.
The first round draw was made this evening, and was televised live on BBC2.
Tony Humes’ men were also drawn away last season, when they won 6-3 away at Gosport Borough. They beat Peterborough in the second round before losing 3-1 at Cardiff in round three.
This will be the third meeting between the U’s and Wealdstone, in the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s suffered a 1-0 defeat away from home in 1949, and enjoyed a 4-0 home success at Layer Road in 1983.
Wealdstone are currently 17th in National League South.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons